Naturally Irish Gifts Limited / www.naturallyirishcandles.com is committed to protecting the privacy of our website visitors and customers. The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to outline how we collect and use any personal information about you (which is known as "personal data" under data protection legislation).
You have the right to object to us processing your personal data for direct marketing and also to processing which is carried out for the purposes of our legitimate interests. For more information, see the below Notice.
Change to Data Protection & GDPR
The law in relation to data protection is changing with effect from 25th May 2018. This Privacy Notice has been updated for new guests registering with effect from April 2018 to reflect your new rights and for existing customers to update how we process your personal data.
Naturally Irish Gifts Ltd will always keep your data safe and comply with applicable data protection legislation. This Notice will continue to evolve as we implement procedures to access & download your personal data automatically, etc.
Naturally Irish Gifts Limited
D9 Southern Link Business Park
The above lists the Owner, Operator and Data Controller (within the meaning of data protection laws applicable) of this website. References in this notice to "we" or "us" are to the above.
By law, you have a number of rights when it comes to your personal data.
Further information and advice about your rights can be obtained from the data protection regulator in your country.
To be informed: You have the right to know what personal data is being collected, our identity and your data protection rights (as per this Privacy Notice).
Subject access: You have the right to request and obtain access to your personal data.
To have inaccuracies corrected: If your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to have the data rectified, by the controller, without undue delay.
To have information erased: This is also known as the 'right to be forgotten', you have the right to have your data erased, without undue delay.
data portability. This right only applies where processing of personal data is carried out by automated means. You have rights to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services. For example, if you decide to switch to a new provider, this enables you to move, copy or transfer your information easily between our IT systems and theirs safely and securely, without affecting its usability.
to object to direct marketing. You have the right to object to direct marketing processing (which we do only with your consent) of your personal data where the processing relates to direct marketing.
To restrict the processing of your information, including automated decision-making. You have a limited right of restriction of processing of your personal data by a data controller. You have the right to not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing.
Please see the section titled "Making A Request" to us below, for more information on how we will handle your requests to us.
What personal date we collect:
The term "personal data" means any information relating to a living person who is identified or identifiable (such a person is referred to as a "data subject").
We collect the personal data you provide to us during the registration and order checkout processes and any further personal data you provide to update your registration details from time to time. This personal data includes:
* your contact/billing details (name, address, email address, telephone
* your shipping contact details (name, address, telephone numbers), occasionally this can be a third-party gift recipient
* personalised text/images that you provide if related to a custom made item (e.g. a personalised gift)
* your order greeting message.
* payment details (credit/debit card details are not stored by us and are passed directly on to our payments company Realex Payments for immediate processing.
Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
Like most websites, we also gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis from website visitors to our website. This data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as for example, user browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website. We use this data in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design, organise and market our website. Should you have any queries regarding this data, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
The purpose for which we hold your information
We process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
* To fulfil your order (i.e. to facilitate the provision of ordered goods and services)
* To contact you or your recipient if required in connection with your order or to respond to any communications you might send to us;
* To administer our website.
* To communicate to you information about new products/services and special offers we think you will find valuable.
* So you can keep a history of the products you have ordered from us.
In addition, we use your personal data:
* So you can track deliveries.
* So you can keep a history of the order information and products you have ordered from us.
Legal basis for us using your personal data
The lawful grounds for processing your personal data are:
* To fulfil your order and provide the services you request (performance of contract).
* To send you marketing communications (after obtaining your consent).
* To better understand our customer base and improve our service offering (our legitimate interest to do so, having taken into account whether your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms are overridden by this type of processing).
All the personal data we process is processed by our staff in the Ireland however for the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance this information is located on servers within the European Union.
How long we keep your personal data for:
We will not keep your personal data for any purpose for longer than is necessary and we will only retain the relevant personal information that is necessary in relation to the purpose.
We will retain the personal data you provided on registering an account on our website so long as that account remains in existence. If you tell us, at any time, that you no longer want to have an account, then we will delete your personal data from our records.
In the case of any contact you may have with our customer services department, we will retain those details for as long as is necessary to resolve your query and for a short period after the query is closed.
Who we share your personal data with:
For the purposes set out above, we may also provide your personal data to our suppliers and processors who perform certain business services for us.
We share your personal data with third parties who:
* Deliver orders (i.e. we disclose your contact details to the shipping companies so they can deliver)
* Gift Recipient (we disclose the sender's contact details so the recipient knows who the sender is, see "Disclosure of Sender" section below)
* Facilitate the storage of enquiry email (support tickets)
* Store and generate personalised artwork imagery.
* Process payment (i.e. our Payments Processors such as Paypoint & Worldpay Payments & PayPal)
* Capture feedback reviews
In addition, we may disclose your personal data:
* if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to protect the rights, property or safety of our business, our customers or others. This includes, in specific cases, exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection; and
* to successors in title or replacement operators of all or part of our respective businesses.
How we contact you:
If we have your consent, we may contact you by post, e-mail, SMS text messages, telephone or other means including other electronic means such as Facebook and social media applications, and only using such contact details as you provide to us from time to time.
If you no longer wish to receive such or certain communications, you can let us know by contacting us using one of the email addresses here. You may also update your preferred contact details from your account preferences after logging on to the website.
Making a request
We are required by law to act on requests and provide information free of charge, except where your requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive (in particular because of their repetitive nature) in which case we may charge a reasonable fee (taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or communication, or taking the action requested), or refuse to act on the request.
Please consider your request responsibly before submitting it. We’ll respond as soon as we can. Generally this will be within one month from when we receive your request but, if the request is going to take longer to deal with, we’ll come back to you and let you know.
If you need to contact us for any reason (including to exercise any of your rights in relation to data protection as set out above) please send us your request using the details email@example.com
Disclosure of Sender:
When your order is shipped directly to a third party (i.e. the gift recipient), the Company may provide the recipient with contact details of sender (name, address & telephone). In the event the sender wishes to remain anonymous and requests same, the Company may remove this information from the parcel however in all cases will divulge sender's contact details should the recipient request such information. This is to avoid nuisance correspondence and allows the recipient to decide whether they wish to keep the order.
Changes to this notice
Any changes to this Privacy Notice will be posted on this website so you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. If at any time we decide to use Personal Data in a manner significantly different from that stated in this Privacy Notice, or otherwise disclosed to you at the time it was collected, we will notify you by email, and you will have a choice as to whether or not we use your information in the new manner.
What are cookies
Are cookies safe?
Yes, cookies are small text files. They cannot look into your computer or read any personal information. Cookies cannot carry viruses or install anything harmful on your computer. Our cookies do not store sensitive information such as your name, address or payment details but they allow us to access this information once you have signed in to your account.
We use different types of cookies to improve your user experience as
* Functional - These cookies are strictly necessary to use our website. For example, they keep track of what you have in your shopping cart.
These cookies don't usually contain any personally identifiable information.
* Statistical & Analytical - These cookies are used to collect statistical information about visitors of the website and the pages they view. These cookies don't collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and used anonymously. We set Google Analytics cookies to gather this statistical information.
* Third-Party - Some cookies that have been set on our websites are not related to us but enhance your user experience. When you visit a page with content embedded from a third party such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LiveChat, or TrustPilot, these service providers may set their own cookies on your web browser. We do not control the use of these cookies and cannot access them. Check these third party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
www.naturallyirishcandles.com / Naturally Irish Gifts Limited recommend keeping cookies 'turned on' while you visit our websites so you receive the best possible experience and are able to purchase products on the website.
Our Policy may change to reflect changes in legislation or technology but if we do, the changes will appear on this page.
Register for a Trade Account »